Marion Davis - Cofounder of the
Marion Davis at the dedication of the Marion
Davis Trail, September 29, 1985.
Marion (Buck) Davis cut and blazed the Wapack Trail with Frank
Robbins from 1922 to 1923. Marion coined the name "Wapack" taking the
"Wa" from Mt. Watatic and the "pak" from North Pack. She also built
the Wapack Lodge, which she ran from 1924 until its closing in 1958. Her spirit of
generosity and kindness, resourcefulness and independence live on as numerous people
continue to give their time and resources to the preservation of the Wapack Trail.
Return to Friends of the